Thursday, September 25, 2008

Taking a turn


For a while I am going to be working on a couple of quilts as well as drawing. Sue Ann does most of the work, but I do the hand tying and also all of the hand stitching. I designed my own pattern using various American flag pattern cloth. I don't have a photo of the pattern of the quilt, but I will get one in a day or so. This is an art form that we do together. As we can afford to we are making small quilts for all of the grand children and even the children if we can. We even made the quilt for our bedroom so we could match the colors of the paint. It was the very first quilt we made together and we chose an advanced pattern. Did not know it at the time which probably was a good thing. It looks great. I have attached a photo of the bedroom showing the paint, quilt and curtains. I did not make the head board, but I did make all of the woodwork myself. With the help of our kids and other family members we totally remodeled the two upstairs rooms. It took over a year with my health and limited income, but we are both very pleased. There is a sewing room next to the bedroom that is Sue Ann's private space. She has a computer desk, Sewing machine table and folding cutting table. The colors and woodwork match. In the next few days I will be posting some of the quilts we have done as well as any progress I make on my drawing.

2 comments:

Tresses said...

Wow that is beautiful...I can't imagine the patience involved in making quilts. I've sewn my whole life but never attempted something so difficult and gorgeous!!
Tresses

hartofgreen said...

hey dad that room looks great. you guys did a great job remodleing it. can't wait till i can get up there and see what else you've done with the house