Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New art project

I started a new drawing today. My wife has a couple wrought iron chairs in the yard with flower post where the seats were. The flowers grew up and vined around the chair. It will be quite a test of my abilities. As soon as I get enough done to bother showing I will post it. It is going to be colored pencil on sanded paper. Only my second try on sanded paper.

One another note, I thought the elections were going to get interesting, but I think they are going to just keep getting uglier and uglier. It would be nice if they would all quit calling names and talk about things like the economy in detail. Don't think it will happen though.

4 comments:

Toni James, CPSA - DesertWindsStudio.com said...

Larry... look at you.... a regular chatty Cathy! ;)

Your new project sounds like it's going to be wonderful, what a neat subject. Will you be working from a photo?

I scrolled thru and saw your "angel", and had to chuckle at your comments about spending your day with a 4 yr old. Exhausting! lol. Could you tell me please, if when they turn 4, (mine is 3) if they learn to ask another question besides "why?" That question drives me bonkers lol!

Larry Hartfield said...

Toni,

I assure you that by the age of 4 they have more questions than you have answers. And yes, I am working from a photo. I do most of my drawing in the evening or late at night so it is either a drawing of my imaginagtion.

Anonymous said...

did you get my comment yesterday? maybe you didn't approve it?? I think I sent it twice: once with a name, once without.

jory

Larry Hartfield said...

Jory if you sent a comment it got lost.