Monday, September 15, 2008

Newset graphite works



I am trying something new and also working on what I do most. Another old building full of memories.  The first is going to be trees, a moon, a couple of clouds and dark.  I plan to use just 4 or maybe 4 pencils. I am roughing in the trees, but then it turns in to negative drawing. The old house is the home place of my paternal grandfather's sister and her husband. In it's time it was a very fancy house.  By that I mean in the early 1900's.  It had lots of ginger bread and other fancy trim.  It has not been empty as long as it appears.  I am lucky enough to find another building that has history which is meaningful to me.  It adds a lot to the act of drawing.  You will see more of my progress if you look on Carol's Drawing Club.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great start on both, Larry. You must be proud of how much you've developed your ability to draw trees, especially using negative space. How do you begin your old barn drawings?

Tresses said...

Very nice Larry...I'm with Jory love the negative space, really will bring those trees forward. I have to start doing this!!!!
Teresa