Monday, September 15, 2008

Belief Systems

My life is full of so many interests that I really never do know what topic might pop up next.  That means anyone who comes here looking for the same thing all the time will be disappointed.   I promise a second post with some art tonight.

Lately I have been searching my soul about what I believe.  Why am I searching this late in life?  Because I feel I have been let down too many times by people supposedly representing what I do believe.  If the people who are supposed to be the leaders fall so short and wander so far from what the truth is supposed to be is it a simple case of men not being perfect or is it that they are teaching is not strong enough and powerful enough to provide the moral strength and character needed. Do not get me wrong.  I firmly believe in God. I am just questioning the system we use to to teach and worship and why even the leaders do not seem to live what they preach. Yeah not everyone falls short, but way too many do and I believe that when you see a little dirt on the surface there is a lot buried underneath.  I am not even pointing at any one group.  Am I wrong to expect more? If I am tell me so.  Don't cuss and I promise to publish your comments.

1 comment:

Tresses said...

I believe that "they" believe what they are teaching. Sometimes people get bogged down in the dogma. I think an open mind is the fastest way to spirituality. Those who chose to be close minded will follow one belief system...because it works for them. What works for one does not always work for many. When you find what works for you, you will recognize it and embrace it.
Many do not practice what they preach. Other's do not preach kindness to mankind and just trying to do well by others. I do believe that God intends for us to do unto others...
Teresa