Thursday, September 11, 2008

More colored pencil & politics



I finished my rose in colored pencil. Not the background yet, but just the actual rose. I have been trying for months to draw a real looking rose. I seem to have gone from something that looks nothing like a rose to a pretty good one. I wanted to give everyone a look at it before I do the background because I am not all that sure of myself about how it will turn out. I have started another drawing of a wrought iron metal chair painted red that has a vine with yellow flowers growing up it. It is going to be a challenge, but I am really enjoying it.

I have chosen my next graphite drawing also. It will be of an old falling down house that was the home of my grandfather's sister and her husband. When I found it and took photos I didn't know that. Now that I do know it makes drawing it more interesting.

I had coffee with my best friend today and we agreed that the elections were getting to be so disgusting that they were not fit to talk about. We usually like to solve all the worlds's problems while we have our coffee. We have the answers if only we could get government to listen to us. Hear that Washington! It would not take much to have more common sense than anyone in Washington would it.

No comments: