Thursday, September 18, 2008

More Important than Art

My wife has kidney stones and Monday she goes to get them broken up. I am not really in much of a mood to write about art at the moment and I may not write anything for a day or two. It all depends on if something comes to mind that gets through the worry and concern. I know in my heart that she will be fine, but if you have a loved one in a position like this and are not worried and upset then you really don't have a loved one. I have a few very good friends. Even some who I could tell absolutely anything if I needed to and they would never think worse of me no matter what it was. Friends who would do anything for me, but, I only have one best friend and that is my wife. We don't agree about everything. We don't talk about everything and at times we disagree a lot, but in the end my life revolves around her. To all of my friends who have offered their comfort and prayers I thank you from the bottom of my heart. For everyone else who reads this I pray that you have a best friend like I do in my wife. If not you have an empty life even if you don't know it. It does not have to be a spouse of significant other, but every one needs that one person who is always there for them. Never judges them. Never shuts them out and is always offering encouragement and help in times that are good and times that are bad.

I am sure others can write better, but no one can feel what I feel for my wife and best friend any stronger than I do. I knew I loved her the second I saw her and nothing has ever made me even think I may have been wrong.

2 comments:

Tresses said...

She is one lucky lady Larry. You're words must be poetry to her. If everyone loved their spouses this way there would be no divorce!! I think you are right about needing that "best friend" to lean on. How else would you ever get through the tough times. We are human, needing to love others is an innate behavior we cannot deny. Fantastic post and my prayers for your wife.
Tresses

Anonymous said...

Save this entry and print it for her: that should be the best "get better" card in the universe!!

I will keep you both in my heart. I hope she has some pain meds to get her through until Monday!