Friday, March 12, 2010

DAY 16

This is day 16 of getting off of morphine. I have a choice to make tomorrow. I either go from 3 doses a day to two doses a day so I can stretch the meds I have now until my next doctor's appointment or I keep on taking 3 doses a day and call in for another prescription which I would rather not do. Tomorrow I try taking just 2 doses.

I am so looking forward to not taking any drugs that my body develops such a dependence on that I can not just quit it when I want. Also I no longer want to take drugs that are so tightly controlled that you worry about something happening and you don't get the prescription on time. I do not like what I felt at the end of every month when I was waiting to get the prescription renewed. It was actual fear. The morphine has had too much of a hold on me and it has been getting worse every month. The way the laws are with all of the restrictions you almost feel like a criminal just going to get your refills.

As I said yesterday I picked up my pencils for the first time in a couple of months. It feels so good to get back to my art. I know I am not a great artist and will probably never sell anything but I enjoy it and I feel a real sense of accomplishment when I finish a picture. If I keep making good progress I should have something to show for it in a few days.

I want to thank everyone who has been supporting me again.

Larry

No comments: