Tuesday, March 9, 2010

DAY 13

This is day 13 of trying to get myself off of morphine. I felt the best today that I have felt in months. My CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) was leaving me alone and I made the most of it. I get a good day maybe once a month or every 3 weeks if I am lucky. I did the dishes, nearly all of the laundry and swept and scrubbed the floor in my office space. I am guessing that gets me out of having to exercise on the WII tonight. I certainly hope so because I used all the energy I had.

An old type of spam has popped back up. It places the virus or Trojans in a picture and all you need to do to get infected in to look at it. What ever email you are using you need a good spam filter. You need your email to not open the next email when you delete the one you are looking at and also set your email program not to automatically download the pictures that go with the email. Also turn off the reading or preview pane so you never get to see the body of the email unless you decide to open it. Only download attachments if you know the person who sent you the email and even then only if you are expecting an attachment of the text of the email explains what it is and it is something you would expect from that person.

If you can not find the settings in your email program to make the changes you can leave a message here or on Facebook or email me. I will be glad to help you make your email safer.

The top 10 Trojans used infected computers to send over 100 Billion pieces of spam each day. More than 97% of all emails sent every day are unwanted. Don't be part of the problem if you can help it. I am more than happy to help anyone who thinks their computer is infected also.

Done preaching for the day.

Larry

No comments: