Wednesday, March 10, 2010

DAY 14

I can't believe it has only taken me 2 weeks to cut the morphine in half. Surprisingly I hurt less and when the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is not bad I am getting more done. I do have days that the CFS is really bad and all I do it sleep, but I am still much better than I was.

The one thing more than anything else that made me want to get off of morphine was the way it was ruling my life. Unless you have been on something similar and know that you will suffer greatly if the supply is suddenly cut off I don't think you can understand what it is like. I am not completely off but I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders already. I am taking control of the morphine rather than it taking control of me. It was getting so I was living in fear of something getting screwed up at the end of every month and not being able to get my refill before I ran out. I don't want to be controlled by anything like that.

My wife and my counselor both thing that I should wait until early April when I see my pain doctor again before going any further so I can say I got off under a doctor's supervision. I guess that is what I should do but I have not decided yet. I want to not be using any drug that can not simply be faxed to my pharmacy. I have only been using aspirin to help when I do have some pain.

Warning - Politics Ahead

Have you noticed all of the ads and mailers from elected officials about how they are so fed up with the way things are going in Washington? Why didn't they feel this way last year or even six months ago. What a bunch of lying hypocrites. I know there have to be a few honest men out of the total congress and senate but who are they and how do we really know they are. I only hope that when elections come around again people will remember the things that have been going on and throw out all of the corrupt, lying thieves. I believe over 90% of them vote more in line with what big companies want them to vote. They get paid for their votes in one way or another. If we do get a new national health care plan it will be one that the pharmaceutical companies approve. I don't even know if a bunch of new people could fight the corrupt machine that runs Washington any more. We have more infrastructure than we can support with the tax dollars available. The true jobless rate is nearly double what the government tells it is.

That is the end of my rant for now, but unless more people start caring we will be living in a 3rd world country eventually. All you have to do is read historys of other nations of the past.

Larry

No comments: