Friday, August 29, 2008

Stress Test

Yesterday I took a stress test and it was ............well, stressful. That is why I did not post anything. I came home and did more or less nothing. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and have for the past 8 years. Most of the time I have very little energy and that means I don't move much. I was worried that I might not do very good on the test because I get so little exercise, but I managed 91% of what I should for my age. All things considered that is pretty good.

You wouldn't know anything was wrong with me just to look at me because there are no outward signs for CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) or my other plague which is chronic pain. There is no known cause for either and not a lot of treatment. That is something that makes it hard for people with CFS to get help or even be believed. Many people who are really ill are told it is all in their head. I was lucky to get good doctors who believed me and worked on for me.

CFS is how I got started with art. I was told to find something that would give me a sense of accomplishment because I was no longer working. Art was not the first thing I tried, but it was what I enjoyed the most. I had not drawn, painted or anything close since high school and I didn't think I had much talent then. I was pleasantly surprised that I could do a half way good job.

I want to thank the person who posted to "Another Wasted Day' for their kind comments about my art. I really do enjoy it and the day lily drawing at the top is what I just finished. Anyone who found my blog has seen that I have several galleries of my work on the home page of my site. Most of them need to be finished, but I have a lot of things like that in my life. I have to pick and choose what I do very carefully using my energy.

No comments: