Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sleepless

Last night like many nights I slept a few minutes to a couple hours and then the pain woke me up. It is too early to take another pain pill and I would rather not anyway. I guess I will talk a bit about my art and how I got started.

When I could not work anymore the doctor (don't remember which one) told me to find something to do that I could have a feeling of accomplishment doing it. I had been working in a job with a lot of satisfaction to me so that was a tall order.

I sort of fell into art. My wife bought art sets for all of the grand children and I was helping a 3 year old water color paint. I ended up painting some myself and it was not terrible. Not good, but not terrible. I started using my grand daughter's paints and got to feeling pretty good about it so I bought better paints and a bunch of good brushes and some good water color paper. That is how I started painting at the age of 55 when I had not drawn or painted since high school. Just the fact that I was fair was a big surprise. I found out water color painting can be either very inexpensive or very expensive depending on how much you get into it. I got into it beyond my ability so it was an expensive hobby. Water color was just the 1st step down the road though. I will write about step #2 later.

I took the main body of my blog about the church hypocrisy and wrote a letter to the editor of the local newspaper. If they do not respond I am going to ask the family involved if they are willing to talk to a major newspaper or TV station. Somehow this has really disturbed me that a church could get so far from what it should be about.


No comments: