Friday, August 22, 2008

Another wasted day

Day two and I am still playing with fonts and colors so hopefully this day will look different. Like every day, I wonder where it went and I have accomplished so little.

We did get some new additions to our reef aquarium today. A fish that I don't remember the name of but it is black with a bright neon blue stripe,Three mangrove plants that are supposed to help clean the water, A red algae plant, 11 new snails ( we paid for 10) and two star fish that don't look very healthy so far. They have barely moved so I am thinking we will be trying to get them replaced.

I spent a good part of my day replying to drawing club forum messages and private messages. Then my sister stopped just to talk which hardly ever happens. She quit her job and is getting very bored at home.

I have been thinking the last few days about how we barely know the friends we make on line. On one hand we will tell them things we don't tell our friends and family when it is face to face. On the other hand a part of us lives in fear that the person on the other end is some sort of predator who will come visit us in the night if we tell them where we live. Which is it? How do you really know you are talking to who you think you are? If you bother to read this I would like to know your thoughts. Are there people you know you can trust? How do you know?

I sure haven't written much about art for having an art blog so far have I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Larry, I just wanted to say I'm definitely no art critic but to my eye your drawings are quite good. I also read your posts and found them quite interesting. I don't want to leave my name for everyone to see but I find the story about the boy very sad. I don't know which church is involved or the family but certainly pray for a good outcome. You have done a lot of work on my computer and know who I am. I hope you get to feeling better and your wife too. I know from experience it's no fun to not be healthy. Also, thanks for the info about the websites. I am using AVG but may change to the other one you recommend.