Tuesday, March 3, 2009

worn out

Do you ever notice how emotional stress wears you out worse than physical work?one of my best friends spent most of last week in the hospital with pneumonia and since she is in her 80s there was some doubt about her going home even in her own mind. It's very stressful when you think that you may lose what has become a very good friend. Having chronic fatigue syndrome I do not deal with stress very well at all. One doctor told me that having chronic fatigue syndrome was the same as being allergic to stress. Everyone knows that allergies are bad news.

I finally finished a sewing project that I've been working on for the past three weeks or so.I'm going to take photographs of it tonight and hopefully can deliver it tomorrow. Like anything that you create for another person you get very anxious to see their face. I'm not done working on quilts by any means because my wife has the quilt with my drawings in it. A quilt for a family member. The quilt she's working on just for herself. And last but not least the quilt that I bought blocks for when we went to the quilt shop last time. I don't know how many of my readers are interested in sewing techniques and materials but I've been learning quite a bit. For one thing I've been learning that the Coats and Clark thread that I've been using since I was a little kid is pretty much garbage any more the thread tends to unravel one for a if I try to sew with a single strand.

I've also been finding out how expensive it is to make a quilt. I thought $15 or $20 for material, some thread and your time and you'd be ready to go. What a laugh! Double that might get material for one side of the quilt if you find a good sale. A spool of good thread cost three or four dollars minimum. And being a picky person it has been quite an experience trying to find good needles also. The only thing I didn't have to learn new since I started helping my wife with quilts was how to make a good stitch. I can make a stitch that is even as a sewing machine stich.

That is enough rambling for on day. Especially when no one probably cares.

Larry

No comments: