Monday, March 23, 2009

Golden Eagle & New Quilt



Today we took a new quilt we had made for my sister Kathi for her birthday. On the way there we saw a pair of Golden Eagles out flying on on the way home we found the nest. I couldn't get a picture of both eagles at once because they never got close enough. Here are pictures of the quilt and of one of the eagles. The quilt is covered with pictures of cats because my sister is a cat lover. I didn't post a photo of the next on purpose because some people might know where it is and bother them just by being around too often.

The Golden Eagle is the largest eagle in North America weighing up to 20 lbs and have wing spans up to 7 feet wide. This is the 2nd pair we have seen already this spring.



2 comments:

Ice Cream Monster said...

Oh! I love Golden Eagles! I did a pen and ink on this cloth like stuff or something once! It came out great, well, at least i think so. The background was watercolor in this rainbow way or something like that. I never posted it cuz ppl would probably laugh... It was an abstract project, so it had to be with all these patterns and stuff. The log came out really funky. Anyways, wanted to say Hi, and nice work on the quilts! Ok, well, this whole comment sounds really wierd, so dont post it, k? Again, just wanted to say hi!

Tresses said...

Great Quilt!!! I know your sister must have loved it!