Monday, March 30, 2009

Not so Golden Eagle Nest

Sue Ann wanted to go check the Golden Eagle nest tonight before it got too dark so off we went. We got there just in time to see the changing of the guard. One landed with a full crop and the other took off to hunt. I actually got one picture of both birds at once. The last time we took photos both were flying at once so there were no eggs in the nest. That was March 23 so we have a close idea when the eggs will hatch and then when they will take flight. I posted the full size images along with the normal album images this time so you can get a better look. Feel free to download them and then zoom in so you can see even more. These were taken with a 24x zoom and a 2x digital zoom for a total of 48x. I can't get any closer and that is all the camera I have. I don't think there is even a tree I could climb to get more height. There are about three photos of an old barn that I couldn't resist taking as well. You can see the birds at http://lhartfield.pho.to/albums/golden_eagles/index.htm Hopefully we will get many more photos over the summer. I will have to change the name or the link as I have found out they are red tailed hawks and not golden eagles. They are still quite large birds. I apologize for misleading anyone if I did so.

No comments: