Friday, November 21, 2008

Difficult subject


First I am wondering if I should make my goal to post once a week. I would have a hard time doing that lately. I have been asked by another family member to draw a portrait of my sister Pam who lost her fight against cancer this past summer. I didn't know it would be so hard to do. It seems it is stirring up more emotion than when she died. At the time I think I was just very glad to see the suffering come to an end. Everyone did. Doing the portrait has brought back every memory I ever had of her though. Of course when you remember everything you also remember the things you wish you had done. Please spend the time to be with and do things for and with your loved ones. Your opportunities may not be there tomorrow.

I am still drawing and sewing, As soon as we get photos I will post them. Here is a drawing I am working on.as you can see I have just started. It is only 3.5 x 2.5 inches so it really is that small.

1 comment:

Kat Bryan said...

I didn't mean to make it difficult for you. You decide if you want to do it or not and I'll understand.