Thursday, February 25, 2010

I want to get off of morphine but not the way I may end up doing it. I have been taking it 3 times a day for over a year. Suddenly my insurance will only allow 60 tablets a month which either means I cut my does by one third right away or I go cold turkey in 20 days. The doctor has already tried to get prior authorization and that was refused. How can an insurance company decide to cut a person's dosage by one third when it is a drug like morphine with no warning? Our system is so screwed up. We could pay for the morphine out of pocket but can't really afford to do that.

I am watching the president and congressmen debate the health insurance bill on C-Span right now. They are just talking around and around and not making any progress. I wish I could call them and tell them what I think right now.

In the mean time I am sitting here waiting for either a nurse or my pain doctor to call me and discuss what I can do. This is just proof that getting off of morphine is a good idea. Then I won't be dependent on the drug, the doctor, the pharmacy or the insurance company.


No comments: