Thursday, February 19, 2009

where did all the energy go?

We have had our granddaughter Ashley for the last three or four days and I think both my wife and I are totally exhausted. I know one thing for absolutely certain is that I don't get anything done while my granddaughter is here. Either I'm spending time with her or I'm sound asleep trying to recover.

Chronic fatigue is been acting up again with or without Ashley here. My wife's car put worrying. It had been acting up for some time. When it did not want to start I could thump the floor shifter forward in the car would start. Naturally when it did not want to start I thought there was something wrong in the shifter mechanism. That meant pulling out the console only to find out there was no switch of any kind attached to the gearshift. Just a cable running up to the steering column. My wife kept telling me check the fuses but no the fuses didn't make any sense. I took the column apart and found that the cable ran to the ignition switch so I replaced the ignition switch. Of course it still wouldn't start. Left with nothing else to do I check the relays like Sue Ann wanted me to do in the beginning and of course it started right off. I still had put everything back together though. I think without the chronic fatigue and the fog comes with it I probably would have had it fixed in 15 minutes but instead we were with one car for three days. I think after all these years are no better and just listen to Sue Ann to begin with.

No comments: