Sunday, June 14, 2009

More of the same.

I found a web site describing the difference between psychologists and phychiatrists. It says that phychiatrists earn more money for 3 or 4 15 minute medication management sessions than he does for a single session of actual therapy. I think I have gotten a phychiatrist who is more interested in the money than in his patients. I doubt that I have ever spent even 10 minutes with him let alone 15. It certainly does not give you any great feeling of confidence in a doctor you never get to know. Worse he speak with an accent and snacks while he talks to me. I don't know what my choices are but I am going to do some searching. My phychatrist failed to call my pharmacy this last moth to make a needed change to my prescription. He still has not done it and I am not scheduled to see him until August. How can a doctor properly manage medicine with appointments 3 or 4 months apart and no way to get ahold of him. I already feel like a lab rat with out a doctor who has such an attitude. I don't think there is much risk in offending him because I do not think he would read my blog and I am not using his name Even though it wouldn't be hard for anyone to figure it out once they knew where I see my councilor. This isn't even what I was going to write about tonight but it is what came out. Maybe I will feel better after I voice my opinions, but I won't feel better about some things until they get changed. There are other things that would only cause a stink if I said what I thought about them.

I didn't write last time about geting a kitten as an early Father's Day present. I named her Annie and she is either into everuthing of sleeping. There isn't much in between. I have been enjoying herto the dismay of my black lab who doesn't like to share..

1 comment:

Kat Bryan said...

I have no idea who your doctor is but I know who he isn't. If you'd like to know the name of a good doc, just let me know.

Was there a special reason for your kitten's name? LOL